Junior Network Engineer/System Administrator
We are looking for an exceptional Network Engineer & System Administrator to join our GovSmart team. You’ll be instrumental in deploying, operating, managing, and scaling GovSmart’s LAN where availability, performance, and security are important. With this position comes a host of interesting and challenging issues that will test your technical prowess and call for clever, well-designed solutions. You’ll keep abreast of the latest technologies in a hands-on role that also provides a unique opportunity to shape the future direction and design of our systems while occasionally working on government customer projects in a pre-sales engineering capacity. The ideal candidate is passionate about technology and the opportunity to play a foundational role in a new team and is self-motivated.
- Analyzes and develops telecommunications networks supporting a wide range of capabilities, including voice, data, video, and/or wireless services.
- Develops designs and plans for installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems from project inception to conclusion.
- Closely coordinates with other information system professionals to ensure proper implementation of network services.
- In conjunction with functional users, develops alternative solutions and backup plans. Makes recommendations, if needed, for approval of major network installations.
- Prepares milestone status reports, and deliveries/ presentations on network progress to colleagues, subordinates, and end user representatives.
- Assist in network design and implementation. Both on-premises and in the cloud.
- Establish and maintain network performance
- Troubleshoot network problems.
- IP address auditing.
- Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration and directing system installation.
- Define, document, and enforce system standards.
- Configure firewall & gateway.
- Updating network equipment and servers.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and participating in professional organizations.
- Technical support.
- SharePoint administration.
- New hire technology set up.
- IT asset management.
- Implement and maintain endpoint & server management.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Create technical support documentation for systems and applications.
- Obtaining computer networks & systems certifications.
- Pre-sales engineering.
- LAN network architecture and engineering knowledge
- Network design and implementation
- Network troubleshooting
- Budget & asset tracking
- Problem solving
- Familiarity with server management and monitoring tools
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Network hardware configuration
- Prior experience and comfort with Cisco enterprise firewalls, switches, etc.
- Cisco CCNA or bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 2+ years experience in a network engineer role
- Previous experience with Cisco switches, routers, and firewalls
- Previous experience with Microsoft Windows Server, active directory, and group policy
- Previous experience with Office 365 and Azure AD
- MCSE certification a plus
- CISSP, CCIE, CCNP certification a plus
- Must demonstrate the ability to work independently, or under only general direction, on requirements that are moderately complex to analyze, plan, program, and implement
- Experience in analysis and design of voice networks, LAN and WAN data networks, wireless networks, and/or network management systems to support voice and data services
- In addition to the above, experience, particularly on complex applications involving all phases of telecommunications network design, implementation, and analysis
- Experience in managing the evaluation and cost estimation of voice and data WAN services from telecommunications carriers, designing access and backbone networks using carrier services, or in managing the analysis and design of wireless voice or data networks (using private radio facilities or commercial services)
Any information you provide to GovSmart will be used exclusively for the purpose of evaluating your suitability for employment and will not be shared with anyone outside of GovSmart. Your information will be kept confidential and will be destroyed after 1 year.