Junior Network Engineer/System Administrator
We are looking for an exceptional Network Engineer & System Administrator to join our GovSmart team. You’ll be instrumental in deploying, operating, managing, and scaling GovSmart’s LAN where availability, performance, and security are important. With this position comes a host of interesting and challenging issues that will test your technical prowess and call for clever, well-designed solutions. You’ll keep abreast of the latest technologies in a hands-on role that also provides a unique opportunity to shape the future direction and design of our systems while occasionally working on government customer projects in a pre-sales engineering capacity. The ideal candidate is passionate about technology and the opportunity to play a foundational role in a new team and is self-motivated.
- Develops, designs, and plans for installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems.
- Closely coordinates with other information system professionals to ensure proper implementation of network services.
- Network design, implementation, and backup/redundancy. Both on-premises and in the cloud.
- Technical support – supporting end-users and troubleshooting computer system problems.
- Define, document, and enforce system standards.
- Monitoring & patching endpoint devices, network equipment, and servers.
- Administer Active Directory, Group Policy, and Office 365 environment.
- IT asset management.
- Obtaining computer networks & systems certifications.
- Create technical support documentation for systems and applications.
- Pre-sales engineering.
- LAN network architecture and engineering knowledge.
- Network design, implementation, and troubleshooting.
- Prior experience and comfort with Cisco enterprise firewalls, switches, etc. and using the CLI.
- Budget & asset tracking.
- Problem solving.
- Familiarity with server management and monitoring tools.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- 3+ years experience in a network engineer and/or system administrator role
- Experience with Cisco switches, routers, and firewalls
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server, active directory, and group policy
- Experience with Office 365 and Azure AD
- Must demonstrate the ability to work independently, or under only general direction, on requirements that are moderately complex to analyze, plan, program, and implement
- Experience in analysis and design of voice networks, LAN and WAN data networks, wireless networks, and/or network management systems to support voice and data services
- Experience, particularly on complex applications involving all phases of telecommunications network design, implementation, and analysis
GovSmart is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. GovSmart makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Any information you provide to GovSmart will be used exclusively for the purpose of evaluating your suitability for employment and will not be shared with anyone outside of GovSmart. Your information will be kept confidential and will be destroyed after 1 year.