We are looking for an exceptional Network Engineer to join our GovSmart team. You’ll be instrumental in deploying, operating, and scaling a high-performance network that provides world-class availability, performance, and security. With this position comes a host of interesting and challenging issues that will test your technical prowess and call for clever, well-designed solutions. You’ll keep abreast of the latest technologies in a hands-on role that also provides a unique opportunity to shape the future direction and design of our systems while working directly with our customers through issues that arise. The ideal candidate is passionate about technology and the opportunity to play a foundational role in a new team, is self-motivated, and has great communication skills.
- Analyzes and develops telecommunications networks supporting a wide range of capabilities, including voice, data, video, and/or wireless services.
- Develops designs and plans for installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems from project inception to conclusion.
- Closely coordinates with other information system professionals to ensure proper implementation of network services.
- In conjunction with functional users, develops alternative solutions and backup plans. Makes recommendations, if needed, for approval of major network installations.
- Prepares milestone status reports, and deliveries/ presentations on network progress to colleagues, subordinates, and end user representatives.
- Clearance Requirement: Active DoD Secret
- Certificates: Security+ (or other IAT II) and a CCNA or equivalent
- Must have 10 years of telecommunications experience
- Experience in telecommunications network design and management
- Must demonstrate the ability to work independently, or under only general direction, on requirements that are moderately complex to analyze, plan, program, and implement
- Experience in analysis and design of voice networks, LAN and WAN data networks, wireless networks, and/or network management systems to support voice and data services
- In addition to the above, experience, particularly on complex applications involving all phases of telecommunications network design, implementation, and analysis
- Experience in managing the evaluation and cost estimation of voice and data WAN services from telecommunications carriers, designing access and backbone networks using carrier services, or in managing the analysis and design of wireless voice or data networks (using private radio facilities or commercial services)